Monday, December 8, 2008

A Letter for Teige


One year ago today you delighted me and your father, at 9:34 a.m., by making your first appearance in this world. Today I am experiencing a mix of joy and sorrow as we celebrate this milestone. I am sad because this first year has gone by so fast and technically you are no longer my baby. I am overjoyed because I am so proud of all that you have accomplished and deep down I know that you will always be my baby.

The nine months I was pregnant with you were some of the best of my life. I loved being pregnant. Even though you are a separate person, you were part of me. I feel feel you swimming around when I woke in the morning and gleefully kicking when your daddy read to us at night. You were always with me and I knew I could keep you safe.

When you first came home with us you gave us a little scare. You were very tired from your journey into the world. You recovered very quickly and thrived thereafter. You are a very happy and healthy boy. You are also loved very much. Your family visited in those first weeks to get a glimpse of your beautiful eyes, your button nose, and your flash of thick dark hair. Your Nana, Grampa, and Auntie Belinda traveled far, from North Carolina, to visit. You Grandma, Great Grandma, Auntie Val, Uncle Todd, Great Aunt Theresa, and Great Uncle Bob had the great honor of meeting you in the hospital. So many other friends and family came to meet you in those first weeks and continue to visit with you whenever they get a chance. Like I said, you are LOVED.

You have been a happy and personable baby since day one. You were rarely shy and greeted everyone with coos and smiles early on. You have grown so fast. Nowadays you greet your visitors with a laugh and a wave. Eager to show of your newest tricks. You have boundless energy and are very curious about the world around you. You are fearless, climbing and laughing and loving with reckless abandon. You walk, run, and play all day and sleep soundly at night. You have a hearty appetite and have yet to meet a food that you don't like.

Some of your favorite things are; bouncing on your knees like tigger (this cracks everybody up), dancing and singing with Mommy, swimming, bathtime and reading books with Daddy, and playing with your playgroup friends. You have grown like a weed. At birth you were 21.5 inches long. We measured you on your new growth chart today and you are 2 ft. and 7.25 inches tall!

I love you so much and I can't wait to see you grow everyday. Your father and I will always be here for you. We are so proud of you today. We will be proud of you always.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: